Monday, May 18, 2015

Charlie St. Cloud

Charlie St. Cloud by Ben Sherwood

I'M HEART-BROKEN. I absolutely loved this movie, but the book isn't very clean. :(

Charlie St. Cloud has a secret. If he were to tell people that he played catch with his dead brother every night, everyone would call him crazy. But that's exactly what happens. Ever since that night 13 years ago when Charlie barely survived the wreck that took his brother, Charlie had been able to see spirits. Charlie knows that if he misses the game of catch for even one night, he will never see his brother again. So even when his mother moves away, Charlie stays. He tends the lawns of the ancient cemetery where Sam is buried. His life isn't very exciting, but it's his life. When Tess Carroll, a woman planning for a huge round-the-world sailing trip, suddenly gets mixed into Charlie's life, Charlie learns that life is meant to be lived.

So, like I mentioned earlier, I watched the movie before I read the book. (A big no-no I know...) I absolutely loved the movie, (besides skipping the sex scene) and so I was really looking forward to the book. But I was disappointed to find out how much cussing there was.... ;( Also the sex scene... major bummer. Therefore, I think I will have to say GOODBYE!
Rate: PG13
   Cussing, sex scene
GOOD OR GOODBYE?
   GOODBYE ;((((


NITTY GRITTY:
So I just realized what the difference is between explicit and normal swear words.
I don't like any of them, but for those wondering, this book did not have any explicit swear words. However it had the H & D word multiple times.

ALSO what I did for my book is mark out all the cuss words & sex scene so that I could re-read the book and enjoy it! Because I really do like the storyline!!

No comments:

Post a Comment