Tuesday, August 4, 2015

The Selection

The Selection is the first book in it's series by Kiera Cass. I know I say this on like every post, but ahhh I enjoyed this one a ton!! It was soooo good!!! Forreal, if you are into girls becoming Princess, a cute prince, some action, or all of the above, go pick up this book asap.


So it's about a girl named America, "Mer" who get selected to be sent to the castle in hopes to become the Princes's bride. Except this isn't her hope. It's her moms, and 34 other girls, and basically all girls in the country's hope. Mer doesn't want to marry the prince, she is already in love. The only problem is that her family needs money, bad. If she participates in this selection, her family will receive money from the royal family. True love or helping her family? But when her "true love" tells her to join in the selection for his own benefit, she agrees to do it. She meets the prince, and he isn't so bad. In fact, they become fast friends....now she just has to beat the other 34 girls in the competition. No problem, right? The only problem is she still isn't sure if she wants to win....
AH okay so ya'll probably think it sounds lame! BUT IT'S NOT I SWEAR!! I've only read the 1st one! & I'm dying to read the other 5!
Okay okay, so we established it's good, but is it clean? I would call it a mostly clean book! While it occasionally hints at sex, there isn't ever any in the book. At least not in the first one. Once I read the other ones, I will keep ya updated! However, even though there isn't sex, there is some VERY passionate kissing. Kinda inappropriate... I tried to skim read the makeouts because I don't think make outs are the best.
Rate: PG 
      5 cuss words, a few make out scenes
GOOD? OR GOODBYE? 
        I would say GOOD!! 
Okay so I realize I am saying how good it is, yet mentioning there is a small amount of bad stuff. I'm not excusing the small amount of bad that's in the book. But, I do think this book is much much cleaner than alot of other literature. However I would recommend to skip the makeouts and/or wait until you're 14 & up to read. 

The Nitty-Gritty:
    Okay so when I say it hints at sex, I mean it doesn't happen in the book.  It really just hints at the idea of sex. However, it does have a couple makeout  parts, with her "true love" at the beginning of the book & towards the end.
    Cussing- it does say the H & D words a couple times. :/

2 comments:

  1. This is great! Thanks for doing this and for being awesome! I knew your mom in college and saw her post on Facebook. My daughter and I will be checking in regularly!!

    Have you read any more of the selection series yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! That means a lot!!
      Yes I finished the second & third books. They were soo good! Have you read them all?

      Delete