Sunday, October 26, 2014

The Fault in our Stars

Today's review is on the Fault in our Stars by John Green. This has become a very popular book, (and movie) and although I liked the story line, I wasn't really all that impressed. Yes, the story line was great, however I remember alot of cussing, and a sex scene. I started reading it because it had been recommended to me many times. However I would not recommend it.



The story is about a girl named Hazel Grace who has cancer. Her lungs don't work very well, and she's just got lots of health problems. At a support group she is forced to go to, she meets Augustus Waters. They soon become friends, and more. Hazel recommends her favorite book to Augustus, and her love for the author. This book doesn't have an ending though, so together the fantasize how it might have ended. Hazel and Augustus talk alot about their "wish" the one that everyone is entitled to have before they die. And after consulting the author of Hazel's favorite book, Hazel and Augustus travel to Amsterdam to see the famous author. Along the way, Hazel and Augustus fall in love, and find things they wish they never knew.....
Anyways, the Fault in our Stars is okay, but I don't recommend it.
Rate: PG13 book, going on R. 
      For the cussing and sex scene. 
Good or goodbye?
     sadly.. goodbye. I don't really recommend.






The nitty gritties for parents: 
Honestly I read this book a couple months ago, so I don't remember exactly which words were used or what pages the sex scene was on. The sex scene was during the trip to Amsterdam (which is all i remember) :) 

THANKS FOR READING :))) LOVE YALL

No comments:

Post a Comment