Saturday, May 23, 2015

The Heir

The Heir by Kierra Cass
If you're like me, you got your hands on this 4th book in the series as soon as you could! But tbh I didn't like this one nearly as much as the first 3 books in the series. 

Eadlyn, daughter of America Singer & Maxon Shreave, didn't ask for the selection. In fact, she was positively upset that it had to happen. Why on earth should she be forced to let 25 guys into her house/castle and be forced into marrying one. She could rule perfectly well without a man. So when her parents force her to hold a selection in order to appease the country, Eadlyn is told to put a happy face on. So she schemes to scare the boys into leaving..... But after meeting all of the boys, and spending time with them.. Eadlyn realizes that each one of them hold a little place in her heart. How on earth can she choose one to be her husband, and does she even want a husband?

It sounds pretty amazing! Let's be real though, I really didn't care for Eadlyn's character in the beginning of the book. Maybe it's just because I didn't really relate to her feelings. I would've been very happy to hold a selection for my hand in marriage ;) or maybe it's just because I felt like she was kinda a brat in the first half. But then I grew to like her... .AND THEN THE BOOK ENDED. I felt like it ended in a bad place.... (well technically a good place because it makes me wanna buy the next book) but a bad place because it just left me hanging!! AHH! Not cool Kierra.....
Rate: PG (PG13)
   There were a couple cuss words, kissing, and a little part that is borderline inappropriate.
GOOD OR GOODBYE?
   I honestly still think Good. It is clean compared to many other books, and the storyline definitely keeps you wanting to read more and more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment