Sunday, March 22, 2015

The Tigers Curse -- Kate

It's Guest Review Week! I just want to give a big thank you to all who participated!
Our first review is by the fabulous Kate Pierson. And guys, before you read her review... I would like to say something about Kate. Right now Kate is battling cancer. I don't actually know her, but she has inspired me so much by her positive attitude and outlook on life. I would personally like to wish her the best, and to send my love and support to her. I encourage you all to do the same :)

Here's her review:

"Tigers Curse (The Tigers Saga #1)
By Colleen Houck

The Tigers Saga has been my favorite series for as long as I can remember. To me it has the perfect elements a story needs to be great. Let me first tell you, you will fall in love with the male love interest and you won't be able to help it. This book is probably more on the girly side of things, but some men have liked it too. Here is the preview from the back of the book--

Passion. Fate. Loyalty.

Would you risk it all to change your destiny?

The last thing Kelsey Hayes thought she’d be doing this summer was trying to break a 300-year-old Indian curse. With a mysterious white tiger named Ren. Halfway around the world. But that’s exactly what happened. Face-to-face with dark forces, spellbinding magic, and mystical worlds where nothing is what it seems, Kelsey risks everything to piece together an ancient prophecy that could break the curse forever.

Tiger’s Curse is the exciting first volume in an epic fantasy-romance that will leave you breathless and yearning for more. I don't know about you, but I don't like to read straight romance books. I like there to be a plot other than the romance. This book is a page turner.
I should probably tell you that most of the book takes place in India, where the focus is breaking the curse, that has a lot to do with Indian mythology. There is some talk of Hinduism and Buddhism.
Good or Goodbye?
GOOD
Rate? PG-13

Nitty Gritty-
There are a few swear words, the d and h words I believe. It is very infrequently though, like in the 400 page book, there is only 3 or 4. There is some kissing/making out scenes.  In the entire series it stays that way with NO sex scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment