Thursday, April 16, 2015

The Witch of Blackbird Pond

The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare.
The Witch of Blackbird pond is a little bit of an old book, written in 1958. BUTT it totally goes against the stereotype! It is sooo good! I was a little unsure of it before, but now I would gladly read it again!!

After Kit Tyler's grandfather (her only guardian) dies, Kit decides to go to America to live with her Mother's sister. But when Kit arrives in America, it isn't quite what she expected. Her uncle can't stand her, her cousin Judith think she's a burden, and she always seems to do things others think peculiar. Until she meets Hannah, an old Quaker woman who the village thinks is a witch. As Kit visits and creates a friendship with Hannah, and a little girl named Prudence, she finds a peaceful haven to visit. But when sickness sweeps the village, evil starts to set in. Soon it seems that there is no way to escape...

Like I said earlier, it was really good!! Super clean as well, I don't remember any cuss words!! I just genuinely liked it. It was much better than I expected.
Rate: PG
   Clean!! 
GOOD OR GOODBYE?
   GOOD!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment