Monday, April 6, 2015

Moon Over Manifest

Last night I finished the book Moon over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool.
At first, since it was written old-timey, I only read a couple chapters a day. Then about ehh.. halfway through, I COULDN'T PUT IT DOWN! It was soooo  good! A little sad, but good!

Abilene is sent to a little town called Manifest, Kansas for the summer. The only problem is she knows NO ONE there. Her dad just sent her off to live with an old friend of his. This was his "home town" so Abilene decides to learn as much as she can about the boy her father once was.But, there isn't much in Manifest for her to learn about him...
Manifest turns out to be just an old town.. that is until she finds a box of letters and mementos, and reads about a spy called "the Rattler". It seems that Manifest is full of secrets. As Abilene makes new friends, and sets off to find out who the "Rattler" is, she comes across Miss Sadie; a crazy old diviner. But is Miss Sadie really crazy, or will her stories eventually lead Abilene to her father?

Like I said before, the beginning was a little slow for me. Not too bad, I still really enjoyed it, but it was just the super action packed story, like Divergent, or the Hunger Games. However there was this underlying suspense that definitely pulled me in. I really really liked this one and would definitely recommend.

Rate: PG
   I don't believe there were any cuss words, no sexuality, and very very very little violence.
GOOD OR GOODBYE? GOOD
  
NITTY GRITTY:I really don't remember any cuss words, although it does use the Lord's name in vain a couple times. There was no sexuality, or romance for that matter :) As for the part about very little violence, there really isn't any. In the letters Abilene finds, there is talk of war, but seriously it nothing really. Like a 1 on a scale of 1 to 10 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment