Monday, November 3, 2014

Beauty

So for those of you who haven't heard of this amazing book (it is a little old, published in 1978) but don't give it up because its old!! This book is definitely a GOOD not goodbye! It is retelling of Beauty and the Beast by Robin Mckinley, and it is completely clean.
Since it has been a little while since I have read it, I'm just going to copy the summary from the back of the back of the book, so this IS NOT MY SUMMARY :)

"Beauty has never liked her nickname. She is thin and awkward; it is her two sisters who are the beautiful ones. But what she lacks in looks, she can perhaps make up for in courage.
When her father comes home with the tale of an enchanted castle in the forest and the terrible promise he had to make to the Beast who lives there, Beauty knows she must go to the castle, a prisoner of her own free will. Her father protests that he will not let her go, but she answers, "Cannot a beast be tamed?"
Although this book was written a long time ago, I still really enjoyed the enchantment, and love story in it.
I will warn the beginning was always a little boring for me, but if you can get past that, the rest I loved :))
rate: PG
       totally clean :) 
Good or Goodbye?
      GOOD

P.S. Just recently I found out there is a sequel that I haven't read. Its called "Rose Daughter".


THANK YOU FOR READING!!!
Leave comments :))


No comments:

Post a Comment